![]() |
| The wonderful University of Oklahoma |
It's been a while since I've actually blogged about me. About three months, to be exact. A lot has happened in three months. I've gotten into the groove of college by now and I'm absolutely loving every minute of it. In three months, I've become heavily involved at a new church and with the BCM here at OU. I've made new friends, some from college and some from high school that I just never hung out with much until now. I've gotten used to the 45 minute commute from Choctaw to Norman every day. Heck, I even helped fix an upright bike at work today. Okay, that last one probably sounds lame, but three months ago, vacuuming the basketball courts seemed like a big deal to me. My life is different than it was three months ago, and I love that.
![]() |
| My school's incredible football team. |
Now, back to the beginning. I love this time of year. There are SO many reasons. I love that it's finally cold. I love the way it looks outside. I love college football. I love the sense of serenity and calm that comes with the holidays, even though finals are roughly a month away. It's the little things.
I guess the new thing on Facebook is to write what you are thankful for every day. See, that kind of thing is cool to me. I have so much to be thankful for, and it's encouraging to see other people flood my news feed with the things they are thankful for also. That's much more pleasant than negative comments and complaints.
*soapbox* Consider how much you have before you complain about your job or your car or your family or your school. The thing is, you have those things. The majority of people don't. It's selfish and prideful to be anything but grateful. Especially on a social networking website. *soapbox over*
![]() |
| I mean, look at this weather. Fall rocks. |
But anyway, I've been blessed with so much in my life. I have two parents who have loved each other for 29+ years and will continue to do so until the day they die. I have a sister who adores me almost as much as I adore her. I have friends that are just incredible. I get to lead worship for and work with a wonderful group of teenagers. I love everyone I work with. I get to attend (in my opinion) the best university in the world. I don't have to worry about food or clothing or a place to live. I have never had a moment in my life where I felt unloved. I am absolutely blessed.
That seems like a pretty good list of things to be thankful for. But it isn't everything I'm thankful for. In fact, the number one thing that I'm thankful for isn't even on there. And that's grace. I am SO thankful for grace. Without it, there is absolutely no way I could have any of that. See, that is not a list of things that have happened in my life by my own merit. I am filthy and sinful and disgusting. But I am also a child of God. I am thankful that in October of 2000, God broke my heart and made me realize all of those things and that He offered me a way to become pure and blameless in His eyes. And for the past 11 years, He's continued to mature and sharpen that relationship with Him, giving me grace over and over again when I mess up. And to think that God, perfect and sovereign, is willing to do that is just amazing and humbling to me. I can't imagine what that list would look like if I hadn't accepted that grace.
![]() |
| Home |
So, like I said. I'm thankful. I'm blessed and I'm thankful and I love this time of year because I spend time in a constant state of thankfulness. And I hope that you will too.
Thanks for reading! Until next time...
Hannah




No comments:
Post a Comment