FIRST THINGS FIRST...
I want to start off by extending a HUGE congratulations to my good friend, Joe Allen Peck, and his brand new fiance, Candace. I love love and marriage and all things that go with that. More than that, I love when two people who are absolutely in love with Jesus fall in love with each other. That's just right. I don't know Candace very well, but I'd like to think I know Joe well enough to safely say that she is nothing short of awesome, and I doubt he'd protest that assumption too much. So, congrats you guys!
COLLEGE
I started college on Monday at The University of Oklahoma. I'm in love with it. I love that I have the freedom to make my own decisions. I love that I can sit alone in the Union or the library and not feel like a loner. I love hanging out with my best friends. I love meeting new people. I love learning new things. I just love it. There are no words that anyone could have told me that could have adequately prepared me for the feeling of college. It's something you just have to experience. I feel very privileged to be able to be attending OU. I'm thankful for parents who were willing to pay for me to receive an education from this wonderful institution. But, aside from just going to classes and hanging out, I also get to work here! I love my job a whole lot. I have yet to have a co-worker or a supervisor that I dislike. They're all really awesome people. Very diverse, but from I've seen in about a week of working, everyone gets along. The Huff staff is a family that I'm so grateful to be a part of. Oh, and one last thing, our football team is ranked #1 in the pre-season polls and Texas isn't ranked at all. Just in case you hadn't heard ;)
LAST THINGS LAST...
I realize that this is a short blog, but my life right now is really just school and work and my new church (which is awesome, just in case you wondered). But I do have some final thoughts. I'm a commuter from Choctaw, which means a ton of driving. I thought I would hate it, and if I'm being honest, I do. It's a hassle. But, I've noticed something, and it kind of makes me have mixed feelings. Even though I'm still a resident of Choctaw, I feel like a resident of Norman. That's fine. I like that. I wish I actually was. But, what makes me sad is driving back and realizing that Choctaw is moving on without me. I've been gone maybe a week and going home just feels... different. My relationships have changed back home. My parents are no longer authority figures (well, kind of), my sister is actually somewhat nice to me, etc. On top of that, I really haven't been around town. I can't even remember the last time I drove down 23rd Street or past the high school. There are whole new buildings there! Also, I've realized that my home church is moving along without me. I still get updates about things going on and talk to people from there, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me really sad to not be there. But all of that aside, I have to remember that there is nothing wrong with life going on. I'm different now than I was at the beginning of the summer. I'm supposed to change. Life is supposed to go on. I'm at a new school. I have a new town. I have a new church. I'm happy.
So, thanks for reading. I realize this was a random, probably trivial post. I think of blogging like a public diary, though. I mean, minus the super juicy stuff. So, yeah. Until next time...
Hannah
I am so proud of the woman you have become Hannah! I still remember watching you and your precious sister when you were just little girls. I hope and pray that God blesses you in your new college life.
ReplyDeleteI totally know what you're saying about it being weird not being in Choctaw and things moving on. I have mixed emotions everyday! I love Stillwater but wish I could be there for my little brother, neices and best friends first day of school. Oh college and all the changed it brings...but I totally love it! So you are totally not alone Hannah!!
ReplyDelete