Monday, July 11, 2011

Some Things.

Sometimes, especially in the summertime, I have a really hard time going to sleep. This hasn't actually been too much of an issue until this week. I have spent the last few days just kind of sitting around and not doing too much. Believe me, I'm not about to complain about boredom. I find this kind of week to be restful, and I believe that rest is necessary.


SHOUT OUT TO NP
Now, I haven't done nothing this week. On Wednesday, I lead music for my last Wednesday service at my home church. Such a bittersweet time. I love those people like crazy. Many of them have guided me on my walk with Christ and have supported me, whether it be through prayer or through financial help for various mission trips. I will never be anything short of thankful for my family at the First Baptist Church of Nicoma Park.

TUCKER TIME
The next day, I made the solo trek down to Falls Creek to surprise my former youth minister, his wife and her sister. I love, love, love the Tucker family. I spent the day just hanging out at the rec fields and spending time with some people I really miss. It was way hot, but it was so worth it. Here's a cool pic I took under some trees while Randi played volleyball:



I LIKE TO READ

Another thing I've done this week is catch up on some reading. I've always been a book nerd, but if you keep up with my schedule, you know it involves a lot of non-stop craziness. So, when I get the chance to read a book just for fun, I embrace it. One of my favorite things about the summer is being outside. I love to be outside. I don't care that we've had record-breaking heat. Give me a tree, a book and some water and I'm happy. I especially love to do my quiet time outside. (Fun fact: I don't actually like to call it a 'quiet time.' I usually prefer 'Bible study' or simply 'time with Jesus.' It sounds more personal and less like naptime.) When I was at the beach (that blog will be up soon), I did it out on the porch every morning. There is nothing like seeing the vastness of the ocean, yet hearing how calm the constant sounds of the waves are to make you want to just worship. At home, I like to go out on our little pagoda, hand-built by me and my dad a few years back, and just curl up in one of the chairs. It's quiet and peaceful.

SOME FINAL THOUGHTS
I'd be lying if I said I haven't been thinking a lot this week, also. In a little over a month, I'll be in college. What used to be only excitement has turned into fear. But only a little. Not fear of school or failure, but fear of the future. I was reminded today of Matthew 6:34, which says:
"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
What a relief that verse is! It was God reminding me that He's got it covered. As long as I put my trust in Him and allow Him to have full control of my life, seeking His guidance and wisdom, I'll be fine. Sure, He never guarantees an easy, perfect life. In fact, He says quite the opposite, but He also promises that He is sufficient. He will provide. I am reminded of my need for Jesus when I start to get a little anxious. He has to pull me back and remind me that He will not leave or forsake me. He is constant, He is perfect. And when I really reflect on this and surrender my plans to Him and allow Him to take over, I am filled with an overwhelming peace. One that surpasses all understanding. What an awesome God.



So, it's 3am now and I probably need to go to bed. Or at least try. If you read this whole thing, I apologize for the long, slightly incoherent, and completely random post. But I'm not really. Happy reading!

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment